Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wikipedia: Friend, Not Foe

1.Did the class activity about Wikipedia and this article change your opinion about the value of Wikipedia to society in general and education specifically?

Yes.  I have always been told that Wikipedia contains lots of false information.  However, I often use it anyway.  After today's lesson and reading the article, I have decided that Wikipedia really isn't so bad.  The people who edut the information on the site are held responsible for the information that they post.  Therefore, most of the information is credible. 

2. Describe how you might direct students to use Wikipedia in your future classroom.

In my future classroom, I might have students invistigate the validity of Wikipedia articles and authorrs by using the "Who is" tool and by clicking on the IP addresses of the author's pages.  This way, they will learn more about checking validity. 

1 comment: