Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Where I Am From Poem

I am from God’s country, from a place where one can feel a little closer to Him, just by stepping outside.

I am from the top of a mountain, back a long, windy road.

I am from the fall leaves, the snow.

I am from front porch sitting, and hymns with nearly angelic harmony.

I am from it's ok to feel like a princess sometimes, but a little dirt never hurt!

I am from Lewis, I am from Fultz.

I am from “you have to be a friend to make a friend” and “you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!”
I am from faith… I am from being sure of what I hope for and certain of things I cannot see.

I am from grapes off the vine, from new Easter Sunday dresses.

I am from Pap, who couldn’t swim, but joined the Navy. From Pappy who loved to take my hand and say “let’s be friends.”

I am from a family with lots of girls, who all love each other unconditionally.

I am from love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment